1 What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- * information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, entry & exit points and number of page views);
- * information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- * information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including Name, Company, Job Title, Email, Address, Telephone & mobile number and others as used on our registration pages);
- * information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including opens, clicks, preference information, email and other contact information);
- * any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3 Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- * administer the website;
- * improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- * enable your use of the services available on the website;
- * send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- * send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- * send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- * send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- * send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- * provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- * deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- * other uses as we disclose them from time to time.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- * to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- * in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- * in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- * to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5 International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, Australia, Canada which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
6 Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
7 Email policy overview
Christine Talks maintains a strict opt-in only policy in regard to its email communications. We only send email to individuals who have requested that these mailings be sent to them, or as part of an ongoing relationship we have with an individual or business.
Your right to control what mailings, if any, you receive from Christine Talks is important to us. The information below will assist you in understanding the different mailing options you have, and how you can notify us of changes in the mailings you wish to receive or to unsubscribe in general.
Though we may include announcements from partners or other third parties in some communications, we do not provide email addresses to third parties.
If you believe you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to admin@ChristineTalks.com for review.
7.1 What mailing lists Christine Talks maintains and your subscription options
Customer, partner & prospect mailing lists Newsletter
Keep up to date with what is happening with our occasional newsletter showcasing advice, news, articles, special offers and upcoming events.
Service Update Details of critical service and performance issues with Christine Talks. These communications will be infrequent.
Education & Training
As the email channel develops, keep up to date with our exclusive webinars and online training.
Other email notifications
Transactional emails Christine Talks typically sends an automated email confirmation when a form is completed requesting information.
7.2 Changing your subscription preferences
Christine Talks mailing lists
As a Christine Talks member or customer, you can update your communications preferences at any time by following the convenient links located at the bottom of our emails. Requests submitted in this manner are processed and effective immediately.
In addition, you may email a request to admin@ChristineTalks.com requesting that your address be unsubscribed. Please be aware that unsubscribe requests submitted in this manner will take longer to process and will not be effective immediately.
As a web site visitor who has requested that we send you email updates, you can update your communications preferences or unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the relevant link within emails you receive from us. Unsubscribe requests submitted through this form are processed and effective immediately.
In addition, you may email a request to admin@ChristineTallks.com requesting that your address be unsubscribed. Please be aware that unsubscribe requests submitted in this manner will take longer to process and will not be effective immediately. Other email notifications
You will only receive transactional emails from Christine Talks when you request information. There is no need to unsubscribe from these one-time mailings.
Customer support incidents and responses
You will only receive these email responses in reply to specific support requests, or in response to technical issues detected by Christine Talks’s proactive monitoring. There is no need to unsubscribe from these interactive mailings.
7.3 Third party mailings
Occasionally, we may contract with a third party to communicate on Christine Talks’s behalf to the third party’s contacts. We do not collect your email address or contact information from this third party, and we do not have access to their mailing list.
Depending on the nature of the third party mailing, we may, in order to comply with applicable laws, provide the third party with a suppression list of contacts to exclude from their list. The third party does not have permission to keep or market to this list, or to use it in any way other than as a suppression list for a mailing they are providing on Christine Talks’s behalf.
7.4 Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone for their promotional use without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information, and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
When we send you emails, we may include a tracking image and web analytics code to allow us to determine the number of people who have interacted with our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we may record this individual response to allow us to customise our offerings to you. This tracking collects only limited information such as web page viewed, time and date.
8 Policy amendments
9 Your Rights
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
10 Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
11 Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
13 Data Controller
The data controller responsible for our website is Christine Sweeney. Please see our Contact page.